Friday, April 17, 2009

ADF 10g interfacing with Pentaho

Pentaho is an open-source reporting tool that has a Discoverer-like metadata store for ad-hoc querying; I am alternately battling with that getting my ADF interface to it implemented.

Yesterday I went down a path I had probably been down before but forgotten.

I used a tree binding on a table to have a table in the details facet of an af:table. This worked reasonably well until I tried to update the child table data. At that point all kinds of strange things started to happen. The rows would get mixed up as to who their parent was, I think there might have been some errors....at any rate I backed out of that and went another route because that one was proving somewhat unstable.

Things are starting to get green here in Virginia!

No comments: