Saturday, September 13, 2008

Going Backwards/Forwards Simultaneously

Hi, y'all!

I just started reading the JSF Complete Reference by Schalk and Burns. I really did not want to do the examples using Tomcat since I am having a love affair with oc4j ;-) I also wanted to use JDeveloper. Oddly enough the authors really did not give much of a clue as to how to do plain ol' JSF within JDeveloper. The book seems to really want you to use the ADF stuff.

That's fine, but I am trying to learn the JSF stuff now that I have grown up on ADF stuff. I want to see what I missed.

So I now know what jar's I really need to make OC4J run on JDev and to be able to do JSF:
1. The normal stuff: commons-beanutils.jar, commons-digester.jar, commons-collections.jar, commons-logging.jar, commons-validator.jar, jsf-impl.jar, jsf-api.jar, jstl.jar, standard.jar,
2. The oc4j and servlet stuff: The rest of what you need is wrapped in something called JSP Runtime. This has the following jars: ojsp.jar, ojsputil.jar, oc4j.jar, oc4j-internal.jar, servlet.jar, and ojc.jar.

If you are working through this same book, the rest is in the book.

No comments: